Lost Title

I’ve lost my title. How do I get a replacement?

An individual who can no longer find his/her title may apply at an office location of the License Commissioner. The cost is $19.25 payable by VISA, MasterCard, Discover, check or cash.


Apply directly to the Alabama Department of Revenue – for a Replacement Title Application (click here) . The mailing address is: PO Box 327699, Montgomery, AL 36132. The cost for applying directly to the Department of Revenue is $15.00 payable by money order or certified funds only. If the lost title had a lien on it, you will need to bring with you (or mail with the Replacement Title Application) an original lien release letter from the lien holder, on the company’s stationery, signed and notarized. For more information regarding this service, you may contact our office at (251) 574 - 8551 .